Oct 16, 2021
Requirements for Dual-Degree Program
To successfully complete the dual-degree program in engineering, with the intent to transfer to the two schools that are currently affiliated with Albion College (see above), students must fulfill the following requirements.
While at Albion College, each student must:
- Complete at least 24 units of college credit prior to transfer to an approved school of engineering. 16 of these units must be earned at Albion College.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and a minimum grade point average in courses in chemistry, computer science, mathematics and physics of 3.0.
- Complete the writing competency requirement.
- Achieve successful transfer admission to an approved engineering program of study.
- Make a written application for a dual degree to the Albion College registrar. This application must be submitted by the end of the twelfth week of the student’s junior year and receive the endorsement of the Engineering Advisory Committee (EAC).
While at the transfer engineering school, each student must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Complete at least eight units of college credit in an ABET accredited program at the transfer school. These courses must be approved by the EAC for Albion credit.
Engineering Core Course Requirements
All students in the dual-degree program in engineering must complete the following core course requirements at Albion:
- Students must complete the College divisional requirements
Three of the Following Seven Albion College Core Requirements (3 Units):
- Artistic, Historical, and Textual Modes of Inquiry
- Environmental, Ethnicity, Gender, and Global Categories
The modeling and scientific modes of inquiry are completed by the required courses in science and mathematics.
Departmental policies on awarding AP credit are listed under the respective department in the Programs of Study section of this catalog. However, transfer institutions’ policies on accepting AP credit vary. Students should consult with the DDPE director regarding AP credit while planning Albion course work.
Engineering Emphases Requirements
All students in the dual-degree program in engineering must select and complete one of the six areas of engineering emphasis listed below. General engineering is appropriate for students interested in aerospace, civil, marine, materials, mechanical or nuclear engineering.
Industrial Engineering/Operations Research (IEOR):
DDPE students selecting IEOR must declare “DDPE: Mathematics-IEOR” as their major. All other DDPE students should declare “DDPE-Physics” as their major.